Mold Abatement with Baking Soda
Baking soda is non-toxic and safe to use household cleaning solution. What others do not realize is that it can be used to kill mold effectively. Unlike chlorine bleach and ammonia, baking soda does not contain hazardous fumes and other harsh chemicals making it safe to use for cleaning. Also, it is a deodorizer allowing to get rid of the musty smell left behind by mold. It absorbs moisture preventing mold from recurring. Follow these steps to killing mold using baking soda.
- In a spray bottle, add one-quarter of baking soda and mix well to dissolve the powder.
- Apply the water-baking soda solution generously onto the mold affected surface.
- Once done, rinse the surface to remove the remaining mold spores and residue.
- Respray the area and let it dry. This can help to kill left behind mold and prevent it from growing again.
Mold Abatement Using Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has many benefits including killing mold. In fact, it is the most effective natural mold cleaning solution. Although expensive, small amounts of tea tree oil can kill large areas of molds. It is an anti-fungal solution that can kill almost all kinds of mold in the house. It can be bought from the market for about $10 per a small bottle. Just make sure that the tea tree oil you buy is obtained from Melaleuca Alternifolia, the scientific name of tea tree oil. Not all brands say the same when you read the label. Follow the steps below in killing mold with tea tree oil.
- Add tea tree oil with water and pour in a small spray bottle. Follow the ratio of 50-50. For example, 10 teaspoons of tea tree oil per 10 cups of water.
- Spray the tea tree oil solution over the moldy surface. Scrub the mold away and wipe down the remaining residue.
- There is no need to rinse the surface since the left behind tea tree oil will disinfect the surface and kill the remaining mold. This can help the recurrence of mold growth.
Although tea tree oil has a strong odor, the smell will go away after a few hours. You can keep the leftover in a sealed-tight spray bottle since its effectiveness and potency does not fade away quickly.
After all, the existence of mustiness in your home can have extreme consequences for you and your family’s heath. Contact Tip Top Restoration. Mold removal are should not be taken lightly. We will also make a free visual inspection for you!