There are various types of molds and some are harmless while others are hazardous to health and the property.
- Aspergillus is the most common type or indoor mold. This is a hazardous mold that can cause health concerns such as respiratory disorders.
- Alternaria mold can cause allergies and can be found indoors during spring and fall season.
- Chaetomium is often found in water damaged properties. If Chaetomium is present, it means that your property has a water problem.
- Fusarium is a type of mold that can be found in indoor areas with high moisture. It can cause severe health risks such as inhalation hazards.
- Cladosporium grows during summer and can cause asthma.
- Mucor can cause sinus problems as well as other risks to the eyes, skin, and respiratory system.
- Geotrichum is commonly found in polluted water such as the swage and can cause respiratory issues.
- Stachybotrys is a type of black mold and being feared by many due to its severe health risks that can be linked to death.
- Penicillium is commonly known as a green or blue mold that can cause allergic reactions. This type of mold is often found in moist areas on materials such as floors, walls and wallpaper, carpets and other damp areas in the building.
- Ulocladium is commonly found in areas with high humidity such as the kitchen, basement, and bathroom. This indicates that water damage is present.
Also, molds are classified into three different classes. Molds that grow indoors are divided into different classes based on the level of their health risk.
- Class A – Class A molds are the most hazardous to health. They can have a direct impact on a person’s health, and it is critical to remove them as soon as you discover them inside your house.
- Class B – Class B molds are less hazardous but still have effects to human’s health. Molds that belong to this group can cause allergic reactions.
- Class C – Molds that belong to this class are not known to have health risks. However, they can cause damage to the property’s structure if left untreated.
Whether it causes health risks or not, it is a must that you remove mold from your home to avoid health risks and property damages. Tip Top Restoration can efficiently remove mold infestation from your home.
You can find mold in specific places
Mold can grow almost anywhere in your home if the right conditions are met. The kitchen and the laundry room are the most common areas where mold can grow.
Kitchen and laundry room
You should inspect under the sink. Tiny pipeline leakages are undetectable, so water damages and also wetness can be left without treatment. The mix of leakages and also dark areas is an excellent atmosphere for mold to expand and prosper.
The areas where you wash can be an excellent location for mold to expand like the washing machine. Examine the doors as well as the gasket for feasible mold development. Cozy and also dark locations are optimal for mold to expand. To prevent mold to grow in your washing machine, make sure to cleanse it after usage.To avoid wetness, leave the door open to permit air to go out. Mold can expand if there is wetness. So if you believe that your residence has a mold problem, call Tip Top Restoration for mold removal and also maintain your residence a risk-free living setting for you and your family.