There are various types of molds, and some are harmless while others are hazardous to health and the property.
- Aspergillus is the most common type or indoor mold. This is a hazardous mold that can cause health concerns such as respiratory disorders.
- Alternaria can cause allergies and can be found indoors during spring and fall season.
- Chaetomium is often found in water damaged properties. If Chaetomium is present, it means that your property has a water damage.
- Fusarium is a type of mold that can be found in indoor areas with high moisture. It can cause severe health risks such as inhalation hazards.
- Cladosporium grows during summer and can cause asthma.
- Mucor can cause sinus problems as well as other risks to the eyes, skin, and respiratory system.
- Geotrichum is commonly found in polluted water such as the swage and can cause respiratory issues.
- Stachybotrys is a type of black mold and being feared by many due to its severe health risks that can be linked to death.
- Penicillium is commonly known as a green or blue mold that can cause allergic reactions. This type of mold is often found in moist areas on materials such as floors, walls and wallpaper, carpets and other damp areas in the building.
- Ulocladium is commonly found in areas with high humidity such as the kitchen, basement, and bathroom. This indicates that water damage is present.
Also, molds are classified into three different classes. Molds that grow indoors are divided into different classes based on the level of their health risk.
- Hazard Class A – Class A molds are the most hazardous to health. They can have a direct impact on a person’s health, and it is critical to remove them as soon as you discover them inside your house.
- Hazard Class B – Class B molds are less hazardous but still have effects to human’s health. Molds that belong to this group can cause allergic reactions.
- Hazard Class C – Molds that belong to this class are not known to have health risks. However, they can cause damage to the property’s structure if left untreated.
Whether it causes health risks or not, it is a must that you remove mold from your home to avoid health risks and property damages. Mold removal companies can efficiently remove mold infestation from your home.
Where to Look for Molds
Mold can grow almost anywhere in your home if the right conditions are met.
Check under the sink. Small pipe leaks are unnoticeable, so water damage and moisture can be left untreated. The combination of leaks and dark spaces is a perfect environment for mold to grow and thrive.
The area where you do the laundry can be a perfect place for mold to grow including the washing machine. Check the doors and the gasket for possible mold growth. Warm and dark areas are ideal for mold to grow. To avoid mold to build in your washing machine, make sure to clean it after use. Wipe the door and the gasket. To prevent moisture, leave the door open to allow air to get out.
Mold can grow if there is moisture. It can cause health risks with long-term exposure, so you would want to get rid of it as soon as you can. If you suspect that your house has a mold infestation, call a mold removal company like Tip Top Restoration to eliminate mold and keep your home a safe living environment for you and your family.
You can call us 24/7 and we will be there for you. We offer the best mold removal service of the city!