10 Signs of Mold Infestation in Your Home
You may not know the signs to look for mold infestation, so mold can be lurking inside your home. Before you seek for mold removal services, below are signs of possible mold infestation.
- Leaks – Water leak can lead to water damage which can help to produce moist that mold requires.
- Water Damage – Water damage restoration is not done correctly or not at all can lead to mold growth as moisture can build up in the basement and attic.
- Condensation – Too much condensation means that there is too much moisture that is the primary food of mold. Mold grows anywhere where there is condensation build up.
- Humidity – Humidity can increase moisture in the air inside the house. High humidity produces excess water and condensation. This provides enough food source for mold.
- Warping – Wood, and drywall can warp if there is moisture. Warped walls mean there is a mold
- Rust – Condensation can cause rusting of metal materials in the home including studs and beams in the attic as well as pipes in the sink and bathroom. If you notice rust, your home may have high levels of moisture and mold issues.
- Strange Odor – A musty and moldy odor inside your home that will not go away regardless of how many times to deodorize means there is a mold The stronger the smell is, means the higher the possibility of mold growth in that area.
- Deterioration – Too much moisture can cause wallpaper peeling, paint chipping, and other fixtures in the house deteriorating. Therefore, watch out for parts of the house that are declining.
- Health Problems – Mold infestation if left untreated can cause minor to severe health issues such as watery eyes, skin rashes, clogged nose, severe sneezing, headaches, nausea and vomiting to respiratory issues.
- Visible Mold – Note that even if you see visible mold in a particular area, it does not mean that it is the only area of the house with a mold
If you’re suspecting your house has a mold infestation, be sure to call an industrial hygienist to conduct mold test. A qualified hygienist can determine the present mold condition of your property and the affected areas as well as the level of toxicity of mold.
Once you received confirmation that your house is infested with mold, call a professional mold removal company right away. Tip Top Restoration is the best option for you! Attempting to do the mold remediation on your own using DIY techniques is not recommended since you may aggravate the current situation as mold spores can spread to other parts of the house.