Different Kinds of Mold
There are various types of molds, and some are harmless while others are hazardous to health and the property.
- Aspergillus is the most common type or indoor mold. This is a hazardous mold that can cause health concerns such as respiratory disorders.
- Alternariamol can cause allergies and can be found indoors during spring and fall season.
- Chaetomiumis often found in water damaged properties. If Chaetomium is present, it means that your property has a water
- Fusariumis a type of mold that can be found in indoor areas with high moisture. It can cause severe health risks such as inhalation hazards.
- Cladosporiumgrows during summer and can cause asthma.
- Mucorcan cause sinus problems as well as other risks to the eyes, skin, and respiratory system.
- Geotrichumis commonly found in polluted water such as the swage and can cause respiratory issues.
- Stachybotrysis a type of black mold and being feared by many due to its severe health risks that can be linked to death.
- Penicilliumis commonly known as a green or blue mold that can cause allergic reactions. This type of mold is often found in moist areas on materials such as floors, walls and wallpaper, carpets and other damp areas in the building.
- Ulocladium is commonly found in areas with high humidity such as the kitchen, basement, and bathroom. This indicates that water damage is present.
Also, molds are classified into three different classes. Molds that grow indoors are divided into different classes based on the level of their health risk.
- Hazard Class A – Class A molds are the most hazardous to health. They can have a direct impact on a person’s health, and it is critical to remove them as soon as you discover them inside your house.
- Hazard Class B – Class B molds are less hazardous but still have effects to human’s health. Molds that belong to this group can cause allergic reactions.
- Hazard Class C – Molds that belong to this class are not known to have health risks. However, they can cause damage to the property’s structure if left untreated.
Whether it causes health risks or not, it is a must that you remove mold from your home to avoid health risks and property damages. Mold removal companies can efficiently remove mold infestation from your home. Tip Top Restoration is your best option!